Vietnam Veteranos: Patriotism, Politics, and War
January 24, 2013
2600 Live Oak Street , Dallas, TX
The LCC is excited to host a lecture on Mexican-American veterans from the Vietnam War on Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 7 p.m.
One of the most decorated groups that served in the Vietnam War, Mexican Americans fought and died in numbers well out of proportion to their percentage in the U.S. population. Yet, despite their patriotism, their wartime experiences have not received much attention in either popular media or scholarly studies. In a moving multi-media presentation, Lea Ybarra will explore the veterans' powerful experiences in combat and in their post war lives.
Lea Ybarra received her doctorate from the University of California, Berkeley, and is an administrator at Johns Hopkins University.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Green Room: $3 Domestics, $3 Wells, $3 WInes, $5 select appetizers
- Palomino European Bistro: $4 select beers / $4 select wines / $5 Guinness & Stella Artois / $5 cranberry mojito, pomegranate margarita and candied apple drop
- The Idle Rich Pub: $3 mimosas by the glass / $7 mimosas by the carafe / $3 Red Stellas, Bloody Marys and Greyhounds
- Christies Sports Bar: $2.75 domestics, $3.25 wells / free buffet
- Dallas Comedy House: $3 Wells, $3 Domestics, $4 Wine
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger