Main Street District Walking Tour
Beginning at Main Street Garden and its perfect view of a time capsule of some of Dallas’ most important buildings, your trained tour guide will lead you on a walk and discussion of a variety of architectural icons, including the Adolphus Hotel, the Magnolia Building, the Statler Hilton, and the Wilson Building. Along the way, you’ll take a look at examples of Beaux Art, Art Deco, Post-Modernist, Renaissance Revival and Victorian design…and how they were adapted specifically for a rapidly-growing metropolis. Additionally, you’ll hear about some of the institutions, individuals and visionaries who made it all happen.
Tours are held on the second and fourth Saturdays of each month, beginning at 10:00 a.m. at Main Street Garden (Main Street and Ervay). The tour lasts approximately two hours and is held rain or shine.
Reservations and payment must be made in advance. Due to the necessity of scheduling docents, we are unfortunately unable to accommodate walk-ups. Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance of the tour time in order to receive a refund.
$10 for adults, $8 for AIA Dallas members, $5 for seniors 65 and over and students with valid ID, Children under 12 are free when accompanied by an adult
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Ocean Prime: $7 select wines by the glass / $7 select cocktails / $3 domestics / $4 imports
- Miguel's Cantina: $3.50 original margaritas / $1 off fruit margaritas / $2.95 wells / $2.95 Mexican beers / $2.50 domestics
- Tuk Tuk Asian Cuisine: $3 beer, $3.50 wine
- Lee Harvey's: $2.50 domestics and wells
- T.G.I. Friday's: $4 Long Island Iced Tea & signature margaritas, $3 premium pint features, $2 domestic pint features, $1 premiums
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day