29th Annual KidFilm Festival - A Letter to Momo
January 26, 2013
5321 East Mockingbird Lane , Dallas, TX
$4 - $5
The last time Momo saw her father, they had a fight -- and now all she has left to remember him by is an incomplete letter that he had started to write her, a blank piece of paper penned with the words “Dear Momo,” but nothing more. Moving with her mother from bustling Tokyo to the remote Japanese island of Shio, she soon discovers three goblins living in her attic, a trio of mischievous spirit creatures who have been assigned to watch over her and only she can see. The goblins are also perpetually famished and begin to wreak havoc on the formerly tranquil island, ransacking pantries and ravaging orchards -- acts for which Momo often has to take the blame. But these funny monsters also have a serious side, and may hold the key to helping Momo understand what her father had been trying to tell her. 120 min. Ages 7 and up. In Japanese with English subtitles.
Information from the festival's website
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- New growler shop in East Dallas begins filling Lone Star suds today
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Komali and Salum in Uptown have a new executive chef
- Photos: Beer sales have made SMU's Moody Coliseum way, way more fun