29th Annual KidFilm Festival - The Painting
5321 East Mockingbird Lane , Dallas, TX
$4 - $5
In this wryly inventive parable, a kingdom is divided into the three castes: the impeccably painted Alldunns who reside in a majestic palace, the Halfies who the Painter has left incomplete, and the untouchable Sketchies, simple charcoal outlines who are banished to the cursed forest. Chastised for her forbidden love for an Alldunn and shamed by her unadorned face, Halfie Claire runs away into the forest. Her beloved Ramo and best friend Lola journey after her, passing between the forbidden Death Flowers that guard the boundaries of the forest and arriving finally at the very edge of the painting, where they tumble through the canvas and into the Painter’s studio. The abandoned workspace is strewn with paintings, each containing its own animated world -- and in a feast for both the eyes and imagination, they explore first one picture and then another, attempting to discover just what the Painter has in mind for all his creations. 78 min. Ages 7 and up. In French with English subtitles.
Information from the festival's website
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Margarita Ranch: $3 house cocktails / $3 house wines / $5 Grande Margaritas / all beers $2-2.50
- OT Tavern: $2 domestic beers, $2 wells, $3 imports, $3 shots, $4 calls
- Cafe Izmir: $14 select bottles of wine, $15 sangria pitchers
- The Blue Goose Cantina: $3 house margaritas, $3 beers, $3 well drinks, $3 queso
- Desperados Mexican Restaurant: $3.25 house margaritas
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- UPDATED: Burger place Becks Prime opens third Dallas restaurant
- Recipe: Komali's ceviche de pescado takes the cooking out of ... cooking