to 6 PM
801 West 15th Street , Suite E , Plano, TX
Texas students loved Phil Bildner’s Shoeless Joe & Black Betsy about baseball legend Shoeless Joe Jackson and his determination to find the perfect bat, which he called Black Betsy. They voted it the Bluebonnet winner in 2004. Now the Brooklyn-based author, who nabbed a 2012 Bluebonnet nomination for The Hallelujah Flight about James Banning, the first African-American pilot to fly across the continental United States, will meet with kids and sign his books Jan. 31 from 4 to 6 p.m.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Tino's Mexican Food: $0.50 beer / $1 margaritas
- On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina: $3 margaritas, domestics, imports, drafts, $1 off all other drinks
- Love & War in Texas: $1 off drafts, $0.50 off bottled beer
- Kelly's Eastside: $3 you-call-its, $3.50 Ritas, $4.25 Jager Bombs
- Twin Peaks Restaurant: $1 off draft beers and wells
- Theater review: Spring-Heeled Jack vs. The Enigmatic Dr. Hu provides lackluster take on cult classic
- Model train expo chugs through Plano on Saturday
- Plano's Fourteen Eighteen Coffeehouse opens July 29
- Center for special needs adults moves to new facility in Plano
- Theater review: The 1950s comedy The Remarkable Mr. Pennypacker paralells modern social issues