Asian Film Festival of Dallas 2013 - Before You Know It
July 17, 2013
5321 East Mockingbird Lane , Dallas, TX
$7 - $10
This insightful documentary gives us a look at some members of an American demographic often overlooked or forgotten by delving into the lives and personal histories of three retired gay American men. We meet Dennis, a widower who persistently seeks new love after recently coming out. Ty from Harlem is a longtime advocate for LGBT rights who is excited about the marriage equality law in New York state. He is surprised to discover that his partner is not as enthusiastic about tying the knot. Robert in Galveston, Texas, is the owner of a gay bar long known for its outrageous drag shows. Though he always shows his happy face, both he and his beloved bar face an uncertain future.
Director: PJ RAVAL
An LGBT reception follows the film at 7:30 p.m. at People's Last Stand near the Angelika in Mockingbird Station.
Information from the festival's website
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- WoodFire Kirby's: Half priced liquor, beer and wine by the glass
- The Blue Goose Cantina: $2.25 domestic bottle beer, $3.25 import bottle beer, $3.50 well drinks, $4 house lime flavor margarita, $1 off everything else
- Margarita Ranch: $3 house cocktails / $3 house wines / $5 Grande Margaritas / all beers $2-2.50
- Desperados Mexican Restaurant: $3.25 house margaritas
- Barley House: $2 Domestic Drafts
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- New growler shop in East Dallas begins filling Lone Star suds today
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Komali and Salum in Uptown have a new executive chef
- Photos: Beer sales have made SMU's Moody Coliseum way, way more fun