Asian Film Festival of Dallas 2013 - Before You Know It
5321 East Mockingbird Lane , Dallas, TX
$7 - $10
This insightful documentary gives us a look at some members of an American demographic often overlooked or forgotten by delving into the lives and personal histories of three retired gay American men. We meet Dennis, a widower who persistently seeks new love after recently coming out. Ty from Harlem is a longtime advocate for LGBT rights who is excited about the marriage equality law in New York state. He is surprised to discover that his partner is not as enthusiastic about tying the knot. Robert in Galveston, Texas, is the owner of a gay bar long known for its outrageous drag shows. Though he always shows his happy face, both he and his beloved bar face an uncertain future.
Director: PJ RAVAL
An LGBT reception follows the film at 7:30 p.m. at People's Last Stand near the Angelika in Mockingbird Station.
Information from the festival's website
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- The Blue Fish: $2 draft (including Kirin)
- The Blue Goose Cantina: $2.25 domestic bottle beer, $3.25 import bottle beer, $3.50 well drinks, $4 house lime flavor margarita, $1 off everything else
- Desperados Mexican Restaurant: $3.25 house margaritas
- Cafe Izmir: $50 for a dinner for two and a bottle of wine
- Stan's Blue Note: $1 off beer and wine, $0.50 off liquor
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- UPDATED: Burger place Becks Prime opens third Dallas restaurant
- Recipe: Komali's ceviche de pescado takes the cooking out of ... cooking