Mount Righteous / Fox and the Bird / Michael Donner
March 1, 2013
Grapevine's acclaimed band Mount Righteous is set to play the Doublewide on Friday, March 1 with Dallas-based folk/rock troupe Fox and the Bird. Mount Righteous has toured and played local festivals for years, blazing a trail of innovative, instrumental-pop through Dallas and the southwest. The group has a high-energy, unmistakable sound resembling an upbeat "acoustic-punk marching band" and drawing comparisons to large collectives such as I'm From Barcelona or fellow North Texas-based band The Polyphonic Spree.
Fox and the Bird toured the southwest in support of their debut 2011 release Floating Feather and has played alongside acts like the Low Anthem, the Bowerbirds, and Deer Tick. They perform as a miniature folk choir with layered harmonies and gang vocals, akin to the Avett Brothers, Mumford and Sons, or the Head and the Heart. Fox and the Bird is set to release a series of short EPs in 2013 showcasing violin and accordion-driven folk tunes with a choral lift.
Michael Donner of The Southern Renaissance, a Spune artist, will open the show.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger