Mad Swirl / Swirve
Open Mic and spoken word
1409 South Lamar Street , Dallas, TX
Dallas-based mad swirl is, so they say, "a platform, a showcase, a stage" to highlight artists in "this mad, mad world." Every first Wednesday of the month, they sponsor an open mic night. Tonight's features Swirve, also from Dallas, whose members play the trumpet backwards, the drums upside-down, and sing "kinda sideways." So they say.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
Here are some nearby...
- Pastime Tavern: Cheap Beer Night: Lonestar, Pearl, and Pabst Blue Ribbon for only $1.50
- Wild Salsa: $3.50 all beers, $4 wells, $4 margaritas,
- Absinthe Lounge: $2 drafts, $3 wells, $4 calls, $5 martinis
- Wild Salsa: $3.50 all beers, $3.50 margaritas, $4 wells
- Ten Sports Grill: $2.50 domestics / $2.50 wells / $1 off premium drafts / $2.50 frozen drinks / $3 calls
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day