Contested Empire: Rethinking the Texas Revolution
to 9:30 PM
300 West First Street , Arlington, TX
The theme of the March 7 event is "Contested Empire: Rethinking the Texas Revolution." Often, discussions about the Texas Revolution feature only Texas experts, but scholars from around the world are re-thinking the Texas Revolution and its role in current society.
Speakers will include:
Sam Haynes, director of UT Arlington's Center for Greater Southwestern Studies
Miguel Soto, professor of history at Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico
Will Fowler, professor of Latin American studies in Scotland and author of a new biography on Santa Anna
Amy Greenberg, professor of history at Pennsylvania State University
Eric Schlereth, assistant professor of historical studies
Admission is free. More details are at www.uta.edu/history/webb.html.
Information submitted by a Pegnews.com user
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Texas SkyScreamer opens May 25 at Six Flags Over Texas
- Free music fest in Arlington features Polyphonic Spree, Sarah Jaffe Memorial Day weekend
- Photos: Cowboys Cheerleaders strut in final rounds of auditions
- Video: Look inside the Dallas Cowboys cheerleader tryouts
- Photos: See a chaps-wearing Pit Bull, a wiener dog dressed as a Boomstick