Out of the Loop Fringe Festival: The Ugly One
WaterTower Theatre presents The Ugly One
The Ugly One, by Marius von Mayenburg, is an absurd farce about identity and human beauty. Lette discovers one day what no one has been willing to tell him: he is ugly. His face is simply not acceptable and for such a man, life is not kind. His job, his marriage, and his self-esteem are all compromised by this shortcoming. But what nature denies him, medical science provides. Attractiveness, he finds, can be bought. But what happens when his looks are a commodity? And what are the consequences of giving up his face?
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Twin Peaks: $1 off draft beers and wells
- Arthur's Prime Steaks and Seafood: $4 house wines; $1 off wells, calls, and premiums
- The Quarter Bar & Grill: $3 wells
- Outback Steakhouse: $1 off everything except premium wine
- Social House: $3 wells, half-price specialty cocktails, half-price crown and downs, $1 dollar off any draft beer, $2 off any wine by the glass, $3 off any entrees, half-price select appetizers, half-price pizzas
See more events classified as:
- Theater review: Locally written Sons of Bennett is an ambitious, but flawed, effort
- Will the Andersons put their $1.5 million estate on the market after a high-profile split?
- No game: Dallas has the second lowest amount of sex in the U.S.
- Theater review: The Futility of Hope could be a landmark play if it took itself more seriously
- First look: New Dallas cinema seriously upgrades dinner-and-a-movie