Out of the Loop Fringe Festival: The Ugly One
March 7, 2013
WaterTower Theatre presents The Ugly One
The Ugly One, by Marius von Mayenburg, is an absurd farce about identity and human beauty. Lette discovers one day what no one has been willing to tell him: he is ugly. His face is simply not acceptable and for such a man, life is not kind. His job, his marriage, and his self-esteem are all compromised by this shortcoming. But what nature denies him, medical science provides. Attractiveness, he finds, can be bought. But what happens when his looks are a commodity? And what are the consequences of giving up his face?
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- The Mucky Duck: $3 wells, $3 drafts, half-price appetizers
- Blue Mesa Grill: $2.25 draft beer, $4 wells, $4 large blue margaritas, $4 mojitos, $4 martinis, $4 house wine, $4 sangria blue swirl, $4 sangria
- The Hub Sports Bar and Grill: $2 shot specials
- May Dragon Chinese Restaurant: $1 off everything
- El Fenix Mexican Restaurant: $1 off margaritas
See more events classified as:
- Watch the Academy Awards in style in Dallas
- Cheesy Italian restaurant springs up near the Galleria
- Photos: $900,000 beauty near Tony Romo's house up for grabs
- Review: For a fun night of theatre, Tom Sawyer is a must-see
- Theater review: Isaac’s Eye examines mortality through the perspective of a genius