Spring Break Block Party
North Pearl Street and Flora Street , Dallas, TX
For the second year in a row, The Dallas Arts District invites the public to experience Spring Break Block Party on Friday, March 15, 2013, from 6pm to midnight, coinciding with Crow Collection AfterDark, Late Nights at the Dallas Museum of Art, and ‘til Midnight at the Nasher Sculpture Center. Parts of Flora and Harwood Streets in the Dallas Arts District of Downtown Dallas will be closed to traffic, creating a pedestrian friendly event with free general admission and activities to the three museums. The evening’s outdoor art-centric programming includes films, live music, a photo booth, and street performances, all free and open to the community. Dallas’ best-known local food trucks will be onsite throughout the evening offering a variety of unique menu items. On-site grab and go salads, sandwiches, snacks, and beverages at Nasher Café and DMA Café are also available for purchase.
The festivities will take place on and around Flora Street and throughout the Crow Collection of Asian Art, Dallas Museum of Art, and Nasher Sculpture Center. Highlighted joint activities include progressive museum tours and special social media challenges throughout the night in addition to free general admission. Local singer-songwriter, Madison King, will perform outdoors on Flora Street, presented by the Dallas Museum of Art. King was nominated by the Dallas Observer for two Music Awards in 2011, Best Solo Act and Best Female Vocalist.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Renfield's Corner: $1 off draughts / $1 off house drinks / $1 off wells / $1 off calls / $2.50 domestic longnecks
- Hoffbrau Steaks: $2 beer on tap
- Place at Perry's: 1/2 off wines by the glass, $2 bottled beer, $4 draft, $8 martini
- Morton's, The Steakhouse: Power Hour - $5 select wines by glass, $4 select beers, special cocktail of the day
- Wild Salsa: $3.50 all beers, $4 wells, $4 margaritas,
See more events classified as:
- Sir Elton John rockets to Dallas in March 2014
- Good timing: Ice skating rink opens Friday at Klyde Warren Park
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night