Spring Break Block Party
March 15, 2013
North Pearl Street and Flora Street , Dallas, TX
For the second year in a row, The Dallas Arts District invites the public to experience Spring Break Block Party on Friday, March 15, 2013, from 6pm to midnight, coinciding with Crow Collection AfterDark, Late Nights at the Dallas Museum of Art, and ‘til Midnight at the Nasher Sculpture Center. Parts of Flora and Harwood Streets in the Dallas Arts District of Downtown Dallas will be closed to traffic, creating a pedestrian friendly event with free general admission and activities to the three museums. The evening’s outdoor art-centric programming includes films, live music, a photo booth, and street performances, all free and open to the community. Dallas’ best-known local food trucks will be onsite throughout the evening offering a variety of unique menu items. On-site grab and go salads, sandwiches, snacks, and beverages at Nasher Café and DMA Café are also available for purchase.
The festivities will take place on and around Flora Street and throughout the Crow Collection of Asian Art, Dallas Museum of Art, and Nasher Sculpture Center. Highlighted joint activities include progressive museum tours and special social media challenges throughout the night in addition to free general admission. Local singer-songwriter, Madison King, will perform outdoors on Flora Street, presented by the Dallas Museum of Art. King was nominated by the Dallas Observer for two Music Awards in 2011, Best Solo Act and Best Female Vocalist.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Hully & Mo Restaurant & Tap Room (Closed): $2 off cocktails and wine / $2.50 domestic bottles / $3.50 imports / $3 wells
- St. Pete's Dancing Marlin: $2.50 domestics / $3.50 wells / $1 off wines
- Neo Pizza Napoletana by Olivella's: $2 domestic beers, $2 wells, $2 frozen drinks
- The Idle Rich Pub: $1 off all drafts, house drinks, wells, and calls / $2.50 domestic longnecks
- Jake's Old Fashioned Hamburgers: $2 domestic bottles, $2 cosmos and appletinis, $3 calls, $3 schooners
See more events classified as:
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger