Tate Lecture Series: Niall Ferguson (SOLD OUT)
Niall Ferguson will be the featured speaker at the Omni Hotels Lecture of the Willis M. Tate Distinguished Lecture Series.
Niall Ferguson is Laurence A. Tisch Professor of History at Harvard University. He is also a Senior Fellow at Stanford University’s Hoover Institution and a Senior Research Fellow at Jesus College, Oxford. Ferguson has published 12 books. His most recent book is Civilization: The West and the Rest, also a PBS documentary series.
His first book, Paper and Iron: Hamburg Business and German Politics in the Era of Inflation 1897-1927, was short-listed for the History Today Book of the Year award, while the collection of essays he edited, Virtual History: Alternatives and Counterfactuals, was a UK bestseller. In 1998, he published to international critical acclaim The Pity of War: Explaining World War One and The World’s Banker: The History of the House of Rothschild. The latter won the Wadsworth Prize for Business History and was also short-listed for the Jewish Quarterly/Wingate Literary Award and the American National Jewish Book Award. In 2001, after a year as Houblon-Norman Fellow at the Bank of England, he published The Cash Nexus: Money and Power in the Modern World, 1700-2000.
He is a regular contributor to television and radio on both sides of the Atlantic. A prolific commentator on contemporary politics and economics, Ferguson is a contributing editor for Bloomberg TV.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Ozona Grill & Bar: $1 off everything
- Margarita Ranch: $3 house cocktails / $3 house wines / $5 Grande Margaritas / all beers $2-2.50
- Half Shells Seafood Grill: $2 drafts, $2 domestic bottles
- Mockingbird Taproom: $3 Texas Pints, $3 Wells, half-priced starters
- Ozona Grill & Bar: $1 off everything, $1 pints
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville
- Snag Mike Modano and Willa Ford's Preston Hollow home for a cool $2.5 mil
- Paleo-inspired restaurant HG Sply Co. opens May 21 on Lower Greenville
- "Young and funky" wanted for television series filmed at Dallas' Good Records
- Brangelina release limited quantity of original rosé wine at Sigel's on Greenville