Dallas Symphony Orchestra: Carmina Burana
Carl Orff’s stirring “scenic cantata,” based on medieval poems, is suddenly the hottest musical event in two towns, with both the Dallas Symphony Orchestra and Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra planning renditions. Even if you don’t think you know the music, you do — its “O Fortuna” is the go-to “feeling of doom” selection for many film previews and TV commercials. It also has a drinking song.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Dallas Symphony Orchestra (More About this Band)
Here are some nearby...
- Renfield's Corner: $1 off draughts / $1 off house drinks / $1 off wells / $1 off calls / $2.50 domestic longnecks
- Iron Cactus: $3 all beer, $3 all wells, $3 small house margaritas, $3 house wines, $5 Mexican Martinis, $5 Texas Teas
- Hoffbrau Steaks: $2 beer on tap
- Boxwood T & G: $1 off drafts, $5 featured wine, $5 featured craft cocktails, and $5 featured small plates
- Hully & Mo Restaurant & Tap Room (Closed): $2 off cocktails and wine / $2.50 domestic bottles / $3.50 imports / $3 wells
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy