Dallas Symphony Orchestra: Carmina Burana
May 23, 2013
Carl Orff’s stirring “scenic cantata,” based on medieval poems, is suddenly the hottest musical event in two towns, with both the Dallas Symphony Orchestra and Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra planning renditions. Even if you don’t think you know the music, you do — its “O Fortuna” is the go-to “feeling of doom” selection for many film previews and TV commercials. It also has a drinking song.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Dallas Symphony Orchestra (More About this Band)
Here are some nearby...
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger