10+ Celebration Day
to 10 PM
2001 Flora St. , Dallas, TX
The 10th anniversary celebration at the Nasher features free admission and special activities on Oct. 20 from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. All day, you can participate in a collaborative installation by the Color Condition’s Marianne Newsom and Sunny Sliger, as well as Bows + Arrows’ Adam and Alicia Rico. Other attractions include yoga in the garden from 10 to 11 a.m., instant photos in the garden from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 6 to 9 p.m., a noon street performance by Ollimpaxqui Ballet Company, an architecture tour at 5 p.m. and acoustic live music from 8 to 10 p.m.
10-11 a.m. - “Nasher Unplugged” and Yoga in the Garden with Yoga Sport
11 a.m.-1 p.m. - Atist Demonstration with Kyle Hobratschk
Noon - Performance by Ollimpaxqui Ballet Company on Flora Street
12:30–1 p.m. - Storytime with Children’s Author and Storyteller Toni Simmons
1–1:30 p.m. - Collection Highlights Tour
1:30 p.m. - Special 10th Anniversary Cake Celebration
2–3 p.m. - 360 Lecture: Nasher XChange Panel: Jed Morse, Chief Curator, Nasher Sculpture Center; Stephen Ross, Project Manager, Nasher XChange; Peter Simek, Arts Editor, D Magazine’s Front Row; and Rochelle Steinerm Dean of Roski School of Fine Arts, USC
4–5 p.m. - A special happy hour for cyclists enjoying the new Nasher bike racks.
4–8 p.m. - DJ Jeff Mitchell & The Phonophreaks
5–5:30 p.m. - Nasher Architecture Tour: Learn about the architecture of the Renzo Piano designed building.
8–10 p.m. - Night-time fun includes live music and drinks.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Truluck's: half-price food from the lounge menu
- Mattito's (Coming Soon): $2 draft beer, $3.99 margaritas, free appetizers
- Truluck's: half-price cocktails and 25% off all bottles of wine
- Wild Salsa: $3.50 all beers, $3.50 margaritas, $4 wells
- Boxwood T & G: $1 off drafts, $5 featured wine, $5 featured craft cocktails, and $5 featured small plates
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day