Night of the Living Dead Composers
to 9:30 PM
Woodall Rodgers Freeway and North Olive Street , Dallas, TX
"Night of the Living Dead Composers" is a creatively-costumed event at Klyde Warren Park main stage from 6:30-9 p.m. The show will feature a combination of classical music along with tap, modern, and tango dancing, as well as, traditional instrumental and opera performances. Plus The Band of Puppets will help bring light-hearted humor for a family-fun evening.
Among more than twenty pieces performed will include Beethoven's Symphony No. 5 (conducted by decomposing Beethoven, himself), Danse Macabre by Camille Saint-Saens, and This Is Halloween from "Nightmare Before Christmas", a giant bumblebee will perform Flight Of The Bumblebee, tap dancing skeletons and chilling songs by Franz Schubert.
Several standout performers from The Meadows School of the Arts at SMU are participating, including competition winners Brittany Harrington (of the Breaking Winds Bassoon Quartet) and violinist Eleanor Dunbar. The Altius String Quartet featuring resident SMU graduate students will be performing Death and the Maiden.
Everyone is encouraged to dress in costumes and enjoy the fun on the lawn. Bring a picnic basket or dine at one of the nearby restaurants or food trucks.
Information submitted by a Pegnews.com user
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- Boxwood T & G: $1 off drafts, $5 featured wine, $5 featured craft cocktails, and $5 featured small plates
- Wild Salsa: $3.50 all beers, $4 wells, $4 margaritas, half-price sangria
- Social House: $1 dollar off any draft beer, $1 dollar off wells, $2 off any wine by the glass, half-off Crown and Downs, half-off select appetizers, half-off all pizzas
- Arcodoro & Pomodoro Ristoranti Italiani: $4 12 oz. Moretti Birra, $5 Bellini, $6 16 oz. Moretti Birra, $7 Pinot Grigio, $7 Chanti, $7 Barbera, $8.50 well drinks / free finger foods
- Press Box Grill: $2.75 domestic draft beer, $3.50 well drinks, $4 glasses of wine, $11 pitchers of domestic draft beer
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre