Ideas in Bloom: Early Texas Blues Guitar with Maristella Feustle
to 1:15 PM
Woodall Rodgers Freeway and North Olive Street , Dallas, TX
Ideas in Bloom is Klyde Warren Park's outdoor salon - a weekly speaker series with authors, artists and the city's greatest thinkers. In The Dallas Morning News Reading & Games Room.
September 12 - Maristella Feustle, guitarist and the Music Special Collections Librarian at the University of North Texas, will demonstrate the styles of some early blues guitarists with connections to Texas and to Dallas, including Blind Lemon Jefferson and Robert Johnson (who recorded in Dallas). She will also discuss resources for learning more about early blues.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Hully & Mo Restaurant & Tap Room (Closed): $2 off cocktails and wine / $2.50 domestic bottles / $3.50 imports / $3 wells
- The Ginger Man: $1 off most pints and talls
- Wild Salsa: $3.50 all beers, $4 wells, $4 margaritas,
- Deep Sushi: $3 wells, 1/2 off beer, discount sake / 1/2 off sushi
- Place at Perry's: 1/2 off wines by the glass, $2 bottled beer, $4 draft, $8 martini
- Theater review: Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer at the Majestic is just plain phenomenal
- Theater review: Controversial and raunchy, The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told tries to find God
- Sir Elton John rockets to Dallas in March 2014
- Good timing: Ice skating rink opens Friday at Klyde Warren Park
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to