The Big Tex Choice Awards and How to Become the Fried Food Capitol of Texas
in The Dallas Morning News Reading and Games Room
September 19, 2013
Woodall Rodgers Freeway and North Olive Street , Dallas, TX
Senior vice president for the State Fair of Texas, Sue Gooding, discusses the Big Tex Choice Awards and how the State Fair of Texas became the Fried Food Capital of Texas. Since 1886, the Fair has been a major source of entertainment for millions as well as a powerful factor in the growth of Dallas. The 24 day event is held in historic Fair Park and draws visitors from across the country.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Tuk Tuk Asian Cuisine: $3 beer, $3.50 wine
- Morton's, The Steakhouse: Power Hour - $5 select wines by glass, $4 select beers, special cocktail of the day
- McKinney Avenue Tavern: $1 off
- Press Box Grill: $1 off all draft beers
- The Idle Rich Pub: $1 off all drafts, house drinks, wells, and calls / $2.50 domestic longnecks
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger