Pete Seeger: The Power of Song
part of the First Tuesday Social Justice Film Festival
3839 West Kiest Boulevard , Dallas, TX
Director Jim Brown uses interviews, archival footage, and home movies to document the life of one of the greatest American singer/songwriters. Pete Seeger wrote some of the best known songs of the "folk revival," including; Where Have All the Flowers Gone, Turn, Turn, Turn and If I Had A Hammer. Bob Dylan, Arlo Guthrie, Joan Baez, Bonnie Raitt, Bruce Springsteen, Natalie Maines, and Peter, Paul and Mary are featured in this wonderful documentary.
Photo by Andrew Sullivan/The New York Times
Did you go? Tell us about it.
- Taco review: Stick with the meat dishes at excellent La Guadalupana
- Get funky this weekend at Oak Cliff Jazz Fest
- Photos: Cutie patootie tudor proves Oak Cliff's still the hot 'hood
- North Texas Food Bank may be short on funds, but also full of hope
- Taco review: It's all about barbacoa at Rosita's Taqueria