Oedipus El Rey
Dallas Theater Center returns to the Studio Theatre for the first time since 2012 with Latino playwright Luis Alfaro’s sizzling, sexy and startlingly contemporary play Oedipus el Rey, which features an all-Latino cast. DTC Artistic Director Kevin Moriarty will direct the play, an adaptation of Sophocles’ timeless Greek tragedy Oedipus Rex and set in the vicious reality of today’s L.A. barrios.
Oedipus el Rey opens in previews on Thursday, January 16, 2014 with a Pay-What-You-Can performance and runs through March 2, 2014. Ticket prices start at $15.
Contains adult themes, violence, language and nudity.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- T.G.I. Friday's: $4 Long Island Iced Tea & signature margaritas, $3 premium pint features, $2 domestic pint features, $1 premiums
- Dallas Comedy House: $3 Wells, $3 Domestics, $4 Wine
- Enchilada's: $1 off all drinks
- Press Box Grill: $1 off all draft beers
- Wild Salsa: $3.50 all beers, $3.50 margaritas, $4 wells
See more events classified as:
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger