Dallas Celebrity Spelling Bee
Reading Partners will host the 2nd annual Dallas Celebrity Spelling Bee. The Bee combines corporate support, community engagement and media attention to fund Reading Partners’ literacy intervention program. The evening event features prominent local Dallas celebrities, including Mayor Mike Rawlings, corporate leaders and community members coming together for a fun night of competition and celebration!
The event is hosted by Kristi Nelson of NBC, and the judge is Christine Allison of D Magazine.
The contestants are Mike Rawlings, Mayor of Dallas; Garrett Boone, Chairman Emeritus, The Container Store; Mina Chang, CEO & President of Linking the World; David Chard, Dean of Education, Southern Methodist University; Jenny Grumbles, Co-host of A&E's Storage Wars Texas; Kent Rathbun, Chef and Owner of Abacus; Samantha Riddle, Miss Texas International; and Ben Scott, ABC's The Bachelorette.
6:00 pm: Cocktail hour
7:00 pm: Opening remarks and introductions
7:00 - 8:30 pm: Spelling Bee
Be sure to join us after the Spelling Bee for celebratory drinks and appetizers.
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
- The Ginger Man: $1 off most pints and talls
- Avanti Restaurant Fountain Place: $2.50 Domestic Beers, $3.50 Imported Beers, $4.50 House Wine
- Maracas Cocina Mexicana: $3.50 Skinny-ritas, $3.50 Frozen Margaritas, $3.50 well drinks
- Truluck's: half-price food from the lounge menu
- Hully & Mo Restaurant & Tap Room (Closed): $2 off cocktails and wine / $2.50 domestic bottles / $3.50 imports / $3 wells
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger