There is nothing obvious about a Texas country singer-songwriter covering a song by reggae legend Bob Marley. Then again Houston’s Roger Creager isn’t exactly your typical Texas country singer-songwriter. For one, he’s got the gumption to tackle Marley’s “Redemption Song” on his otherwise all-originals CD, Surrender. He embodies the tune, too, making it grand and sobering.
You can always tell that Creager relishes what he does for a living. His music and his live shows capture the energy of a man with a sense of adventure. He’s snorkeled with wild dolphins, gone scuba diving in coral reefs, surfed in Costa Rica and snow skied in the Rockies. Oh, and he pilots his own plane, too. For him, sitting at home is not an option. - From staff reports
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
See more events classified as:
- Review: Dedicated hopheads braved the cold at Fort Worth's Untapped festival
- 15 hilariously-named beers at Fort Worth's Untapped festival
- Theater review: Into the Woods creatively interprets childhood tales
- Still kickin': Willie Nelson's Picnic is back in Fort Worth this summer
- Theater review: Venus in Fur is intense, sexy and certainly PG-13