Jim Hodges’ Untitled (2010)
1717 N. Harwood St. , Dallas, TX
A film made by artist Jim Hodges in collaboration with Encke King and Carlos Marques da Cruz, Untitled begins with a reflection on the early AIDS epidemic. Following a nonlinear narrative, the film brings together mainstream network news, activist footage, artists' works, and popular entertainment, referencing regimes of power that precipitated a generation of AIDS and queer activism and continues today with international struggles for freedom and expression.
This film was originally distributed for 2011 World AIDS Day/Day With(out) Art by Visual AIDS. This film is not rated. (60 mins.)
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Tuk Tuk Asian Cuisine: $3 beer, $3.50 wine
- Hoffbrau Steaks: $2 beer on tap
- Vino 100: Half price wine by the glass
- Palomino European Bistro: $4 select beers / $4 select wines / $5 Guinness & Stella Artois / $5 cranberry mojito, pomegranate margarita and candied apple drop
- Green Room: $3 Domestics, $3 Wells, $3 WInes, $5 select appetizers
See more events classified as:
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger