Silent Movie with Organ Accompaniment: Buster Keaton’s Steamboat Bill, Jr
to 8:30 PM
3601 West 15th Street , Plano, TX
The Fine Arts/Concert Series of Lord of Life Lutheran Church, Plano, presents an authentic screening of Buster Keaton’s 1928 feature-length silent film, Steamboat Bill, Jr., on Sunday, 12 January, 2013 at 7pm. This film, one of the last of the silent era, is a comedic drama involving competing steamboat captains, family disappointments and falling in love, and was largely written and directed by Keaton, a master of comedic timing and deadpan expressions.
To enhance the authentic feel of the evening, Benjamin Kolodziej will perform an original score written for organ to accompany the film, utilizing popular music contemporary to the era and setting of the film to enhance the drama and comedy. Free popcorn will be served.
Information submitted by a Pegnews.com user
Did you go? Tell us about it.
- North Texas' second Dee Lincoln burger bar to open in Plano this April
- UPDATED: Italian restaurant Battuto is looking for a new chef
- Plano resident sues neighbor for hosting synagogue services in his house
- George Takei heads for Plano and Fort Worth this weekend
- Public ceremony in honor of Ray Price to be hosted in Richardson Saturday