Late Night at the DMA: 111th Birthday Party
1717 N. Harwood St. , Dallas, TX
Help us celebrate the DMA’s 111th birthday with a night of music, dancing, talks, art activities, performances in the galleries, films, and more. Most activities are Included in free general admission; some exhibitions require an admission ticket.
Late Night Fresh Ink -- Amy Grace Loyd. 7:00 p.m. Hear author Amy Grace Loyd discuss her debut novel, The Affairs of Others, which delves into many of the same themes and settings as Edward Hooper’s art.
Late Night Family -- Yoga for Kids. 7:00 p.m. Join our resident yogini, Becky Hines, RYT, for meditation, relaxation, and some very pretzel-like poses.
Late Night Main Stage -- Brave Combo. 8:00 p.m. Join us for our birthday celebration and dance the night away to the nuclear polka sounds of Grammy Award-winning Brave Combo.
Late Night Fresh Ink -- Dallas Noir. 8:30 p.m. Explore noir fiction with some of the most celebrated writers in Dallas: Matt Bondurant, Catherine Cuellar, David Haynes, and Kathleen Kent. This evening will explore Dallas, its legacy, and the incredible writing talent that resides here.
Late Night Lecture -- My Dear Mr. Hopper. 9:00 p.m. Join author and art historian Elizabeth Thompson Colleary for a look at secret correspondence written between Alta Hilsdale and Edward Hopper during his marriage to Josephine.
Information from venue
Did you go? Tell us about it.
No users have favorited this yet. Be the first!
Here are some nearby...
Places to eat:
- Iron Cactus: $3 all beer, $3 all wells, $3 small house margaritas, $3 house wines, $5 Mexican Martinis, $5 Texas Teas
- Fedora Northern Italian: $5 pear martini, $5 glasses of red and white wine varieties
- Two Corks and a Bottle: Half-price glasses of wine (except sparkling)
- Social House: $1 dollar off any draft beer, $1 dollar off wells, $2 off any wine by the glass, half-off Crown and Downs, half-off select appetizers, half-off all pizzas
- Saint Ann Restaurant & Bar: $5 cocktails for women
See more events classified as:
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger