Facing the Rising Sun: Freedman’s Cemetery
Next date: June 19
to 5 PM
3536 Grand Avenue , Dallas, TX
Start date: Monday, May 31, 2010
Next date: Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Freedman's Century (circa 1869 - 1925) represents the remnants of a once thriving North Dallas community, which from the end of the Civil War to the 1970's was the largest African American enclave in Dallas. This exhibition tells its story, using objects, photographs and multimedia.
- Sundays from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesdays from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wednesdays from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursdays from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Fridays from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Erykah Badu headlines free July 26 concert in Dallas -- if you can get in
- Former Dogfish Head brewer will take reins as Deep Ellum's brewmaster
- Photos: Check out these pimped out rides from the Dallas Dub car show
- Breaking news: Frankie's sports bar in Uptown Dallas closed
- UPDATED: Paleo-inspired restaurant HG Sply Co. adds lunch menu