Gems: The African American Museum Permanent Collection
to 5 PM
3536 Grand Ave. , Dallas, TX
Start date: Wednesday, July 1, 2009
End Date: Monday, December 31, 2012
The exhibition GEMS is an installation of various objects acquired by the Museum in all of the collection categories. Some of the recently acquired work include artists Arthello Beck, Rev. L.T. Thomas, Jacob Lawrence, Sam Gilliam, Romare Bearden and Edward Mitchell Bannister, Clementine Hunter, Carroll Harris Simms, John Briggs, select objects from the Besser collection of African Baskets and Isaac Smith.
Sorry, this event ended on Dec. 31, 2012.
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy