Gems: The African American Museum Permanent Collection
to 5 PM
3536 Grand Ave. , Dallas, TX
Start date: Wednesday, July 1, 2009
End Date: Monday, December 31, 2012
The exhibition GEMS is an installation of various objects acquired by the Museum in all of the collection categories. Some of the recently acquired work include artists Arthello Beck, Rev. L.T. Thomas, Jacob Lawrence, Sam Gilliam, Romare Bearden and Edward Mitchell Bannister, Clementine Hunter, Carroll Harris Simms, John Briggs, select objects from the Besser collection of African Baskets and Isaac Smith.
Sorry, this event ended on Dec. 31, 2012.
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas