to 5 PM
1717 North Harwood Street , Dallas, TX
Free - $10
Start date: Saturday, September 25, 2010
End Date: Monday, December 31, 2012
We take up space. We move in space. We encounter space. Closed spaces and open spaces, full spaces and empty spaces—these can affect us differently, both physically and emotionally. These same reactions can be a part of our experiences with the space of a work or art.
Artists change space. Just as artists make choices about how they use color, lines, and shapes, they also make choices about how they use space. As you move through this exhibition and view works of art from varying physical distances and perspectives, think about how the artists use space and give you a way into their art. Reflect on your responses to the spaces you encounter in art, as well as those you encounter in your everyday life.
Sorry, this event ended on Dec. 31, 2012.
See more events classified as:
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day