to 5 PM
1717 N. Harwood St. , Dallas, TX
Free - $10
Start date: Saturday, September 25, 2010
End Date: Monday, December 31, 2012
We take up space. We move in space. We encounter space. Closed spaces and open spaces, full spaces and empty spaces—these can affect us differently, both physically and emotionally. These same reactions can be a part of our experiences with the space of a work or art.
Artists change space. Just as artists make choices about how they use color, lines, and shapes, they also make choices about how they use space. As you move through this exhibition and view works of art from varying physical distances and perspectives, think about how the artists use space and give you a way into their art. Reflect on your responses to the spaces you encounter in art, as well as those you encounter in your everyday life.
Sorry, this event ended on Dec. 31, 2012.
See more events classified as:
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger