Form/Unformed: Design From 1960 to the Present
in the Tower Gallery
Next date: December 10
to 5 PM
1717 North Harwood Street , Dallas, TX
Start date: Sunday, December 19, 2010
Ongoing: Until Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Next date: Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Including over thirty works drawn largely from the Museum’s collections dating from the 1960s to the present, this exhibition reveals the transformation of ideology and forms that have shaped international design of the last half century. From the technological and formal ideals of modernism to the influence of the handmade object, the works reflect increasingly complex and vibrant relationships between concepts of function, aesthetics, and material expression. Featured are designs by Raymond Loewy, Verner Panton, Frank Gehry, Aldo Rossi, Ettore Sottsass, Robert Venturi, Donald Judd, Zaha Hadid, Louise Campbell, and Fernando and Humberto Campana.
Information from venue
- Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Fridays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Wednesdays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sundays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre