Fabled Journeys in Asian Art: South and Southeast Asia
to 6 PM
2010 Flora Street , Dallas, TX
Start date: Saturday, January 1, 2011
End Date: Sunday, July 29, 2012
In works of art from all around Asia -- paintings, fans, sculpture, carvings for the hand, furniture for the desk, rocks, jades, crystals, and corals -- journeys of many kinds are traced. Wide rivers are crossed on a reed, deep caves explored in the whitest jade; cities visited under golden clouds. Love is found on a mountaintop, babies are borne aloft in baskets, avatars descend to combat unrighteousness, pilgrims abandon home for a blessing, minds turn within to combat error. Journeys, it is acknowledged, bring change; follow some well-worn paths in fabled journeys from the cultures of Asia, and pave a road of your own.
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on July 29, 2012.
See more events classified as:
- Grab brunch with fierce ladies at drag event Sunday at DISH
- Looking for dinner and a game of bocce? Try Samar by Stephan Pyles
- Dallas Beer Kitchen promises "rare, hard to find" brews on Lowest Greenville
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair