Modern Mexican Painting from the Andrés Blaisten Collection
to 5 PM
5900 Bishop Boulevard , University Park, TX
Free - $10
Start date: Sunday, April 29, 2012
End Date: Sunday, August 12, 2012
Assembled over a period of thirty years, the Andrés Blaisten Collection has become an indispensible reference and one of the most complete readings of early-20th-century art in Mexico. This was a period of great creativity, intense experimentation, and cultural exploration driven by the need to create an aesthetic identity that would represent Mexico as a nation-state. This exhibition gathers 80 fundamental works by more than 40 outstanding Mexicanartists of the early 20th century such as Diego Rivera, David Alfaro Siqueiros and Rufino Tamayo, as well as many of their colleagues. Visitors will have the opportunity to explore the cultural and artistic riches of a country whose contributions to art have not only enriched the most important international artistic movements but also influenced the currents of the modern age through a vision that incorporated inherently Mexican elements.
$10 for adults; $8 for seniors; $4 for students; FREE for members, children under 12, SMU students, faculty and staff; FREE Thurs. after 5 p.m.
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on Aug. 12, 2012.
- "Young and funky" wanted for television series filmed at Dallas' Good Records
- Brangelina release limited quantity of original rosé wine at Sigel's on Greenville
- Photos: Lumen Hotel adds swank artwork by Dallas-based artists
- New Lower Greenville restaurant HG Sply Co. takes inspiration from Paleo Diet
- Tech-savvy: 4 of the coolest gadgets in the Bush Presidential Center