Ruth Asawa: Organic Meditations
to 5 PM
3501 Camp Bowie Boulevard , Fort Worth, TX
Start date: Tuesday, March 13, 2012
End Date: Sunday, October 14, 2012
San Francisco artist Ruth Asawa (b. 1926) first gained renown in the 1950s for the inventive wire sculptures she crocheted by hand. These daring new art forms earned Asawa critical acclaim and a fellowship to the Tamarind Lithography Workshop in Los Angeles in 1965.
There she created a series of prints based on themes in nature. Ruth Asawa: Organic Meditations features an elegant series of lithographs that invite viewers to contemplate Asawa’s unique vision of the natural world’s beauty and wonders.
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on Oct. 14, 2012.
See more events classified as:
- Theater review: In the Heights is a lovely musical that dives deep into Latino culture
- Theater review: Experience love, triumph, and failure with In the Heights
- Photos: Fort Worth Zoo welcomes two new animals
- Art review: Elvis at 21 delves into the puzzling nature of sex appeal, charisma, and intimacy
- Theater review: Stage West's Stones in his Pockets brings high-energy laughs