Life-size Animatronic Dinosaurs at the Heard
to 5 PM
1 Nature Place , McKinney, TX
$5 - $8
Start date: Friday, November 24, 2006
End Date: Sunday, February 3, 2008
Experience what it's like to stand next to a 46-foot T-Rex! For the first time, The Heard Natural Science Museum and Wildlife Sanctuary in McKinney is excited to host Dinosaurs Alive! Life-size Animatronic Dinosaurs at the Heard October 28, 2006-January 28, 2007.
Enjoy the privilege to walk with the dinosaurs! The Heard is the temporary home for seven life-size animatronic dinosaurs including a T-Rex, Ceratosaurus, Baryonyx, Allosaurus, Megalosaurus, Cryolophosaurus and Deinonychus. Created by McKinney, Texas based Billings Productions, Inc., this display of dinosaurs has been featured at numerous zoos and museums across the nation including the Brevard Zoo in Melbourne, Florida, and the Fort Worth Zoo.
Walk along the trail and imagine what it might have been like to live during the dinosaur era while you learn about each dinosaur, see how it moved and hear how it roared. Dinosaur education booklets also give children the opportunity to learn and answer questions.Information from the museum website.
Sorry, this event ended on Feb. 3, 2008.
- Q-and-A: Patina Green sous chef talks local ingredients and squash sandwiches
- Mellow Mushroom is bringing its hippie vibe to downtown McKinney
- McKinney's Old Red Lumber Yard doubles as antique haven once a month
- McKinney's Old Cotton Mill welcomes new businesses into rich history
- McKinney sculptor installs new white buffalo piece downtown