2012 State Fair of Texas
to 10 PM
3800 Parry Avenue , Dallas, TX
$12 - $18
Start date: Friday, September 28, 2012
End Date: Sunday, October 21, 2012
The theme for 2012 is "Big and Bright" and special activities will include a Chinese Lantern Festival and a display of lights and graphics on the Cotton Bowl's facade. Read more about the 2012 State Fair of Texas.
• General Admission: $16
• Kids under 48" tall: $12
• Seniors 60 and over: $12
• Children 2 and under: Free
• Seniors 60 and over: Free every Thursday (Oct. 4, Oct. 11, and Oct. 18)
HOURS: State Fair of Texas exhibit buildings open at 10 a.m. and close at 10 p.m. each Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday (closing at 9 p.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays). Midway opening times and closing times vary.
PARKING: Self parking is available on official State Fair lots for $15 per space. Look for Official State Fair Parking signs.
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on Oct. 21, 2012.
- Time to talk about the new face of Big Tex
- Big Tex Grief Support Group forms on Facebook in wake of Friday's fiery loss
- Dallas realtor stuck on Stratosphere: "It was cold up there"
- Photos: From Santa Claus to fiery blaze, Big Tex is a Dallas icon
- UPDATED: Man v. Food dude at State Fair on Saturday: "Yes -- some of my exes do live in Texas"
- Transit Bicycle Co. relocates to Lower Greenville
- Creepy rendering of Big Tex shows he's almost ready for the State Fair
- Photos: Dallas Heritage Village Charleston'd its way through history on Saturday
- Paleo-inspired restaurant HG Sply Co. opens May 21 on Lower Greenville
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra maestro is selling Ritz home for $2.9 million