Bernini: Sculpting in Clay
to 5 PM
3333 Camp Bowie Blvd. , Fort Worth, TX
Start date: Sunday, February 3, 2013
End Date: Sunday, May 5, 2013
Bernini: Sculpting in Clay showcases almost all of the known terracotta models of Gian Lorenzo Bernini, the most famous and important sculptor in 17th-century Europe. Best known for his stunning works in marble that decorate many of the churches and piazzas of Rome, Bernini was also a master of small sculptures in clay. The bozzetti, or sketch models, that he made in preparation for his marbles are brilliantly expressive and reveal how his thoughts progressed as he planned his works. He was also known to produce more finished models to present to patrons or give to assistants to use as guides during carving. This exhibition is the first to showcase Bernini’s full range as a modeler by assembling over 45 of his terracottas and a wide selection of related preparatory drawings.
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on May 5, 2013.
See more events classified as:
- 15 hilariously-named beers at Fort Worth's Untapped festival
- Theater review: All’s Well That Ends Well provides both light-hearted comedy and thoughtful reflection
- Theater review: Into the Woods creatively interprets childhood tales
- Theater review: Bank Job takes toilet humor literally
- Theater review: As You Like It by Stolen Shakespeare Guild is foolish and fun