Sightings: Nathan Mabry
to 5 PM
2001 Flora St. , Dallas, TX
$5 - $10
Start date: Friday, April 12, 2013
End Date: Sunday, September 1, 2013
The Sightings series of installations and architectural interventions by contemporary artists continues with new work from Los Angeles artist, Nathan Mabry. Known for works combining elements of contemporary and ethnographic culture with modern art, Mabry’s sculptures are at turns poignant, humorous, critical, and admiring. For Sightings, Mabry will create a new sculpture based on an ancient Jalisco figure in the Nasher Collection for the outdoor terrace, as well as install his group of six figures based on Rodin’s Burghers of Calais, Process Art (B-E-A-G-G-R-E-S-S-I-V-E)—never before shown in the United States—on the steps of the terraced amphitheater.
Photo of the Nathan Mabry exhibit by Joyce Marshall/Fort Worth Star-Telegram/MCT
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on Sept. 1, 2013.
See more events classified as:
- Remember the Bud Light Hotel in Dallas at Super Bowl? It's back for Final Four
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July