Return to Earth: Ceramic Sculpture of Fontana, Melotti, Miro, Noguchi, and Picasso, 1943–63
to 5 PM
2001 Flora St. , Dallas, TX
$5 - $10
Start date: Saturday, September 21, 2013
End Date: Sunday, January 19, 2014
In the fall of 2013 the Nasher Sculpture Center will present Return to Earth: Ceramic Sculpture of Fontana, Melotti, Miró, Noguchi, and Picasso , 1943-1963, the first exhibition to explore the phenomenal increase in interest ceramics received from artists of the avant-garde during this period. Responding to a variety of personal impulses and historical circumstances, Lucio Fontana, Fausto Melotti, Joan Miró, Isamu Noguchi, and Pablo Picasso produced significant bodies of work in fired clay that engaged the material in novel, inventive, even radical ways, and often challenged the boundaries between sculpture and ceramics. The Nasher’s exhibition will offer an in-depth look at some seventy ceramic sculptures, ranging in scale from the intimate to the monumental. In most cases, these objects have received scant attention in comparison to work in other media, particularly in the United States.
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on Jan. 19, 2014.
See more events classified as:
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling