Return to Earth: Ceramic Sculpture of Fontana, Melotti, Miro, Noguchi, and Picasso, 1943–63
Next date: December 11
to 5 PM
2001 Flora St. , Dallas, TX
$5 - $10
Start date: Saturday, September 21, 2013
Ongoing: Until Sunday, January 19, 2014
Next date: Wednesday, December 11, 2013
In the fall of 2013 the Nasher Sculpture Center will present Return to Earth: Ceramic Sculpture of Fontana, Melotti, Miró, Noguchi, and Picasso , 1943-1963, the first exhibition to explore the phenomenal increase in interest ceramics received from artists of the avant-garde during this period. Responding to a variety of personal impulses and historical circumstances, Lucio Fontana, Fausto Melotti, Joan Miró, Isamu Noguchi, and Pablo Picasso produced significant bodies of work in fired clay that engaged the material in novel, inventive, even radical ways, and often challenged the boundaries between sculpture and ceramics. The Nasher’s exhibition will offer an in-depth look at some seventy ceramic sculptures, ranging in scale from the intimate to the monumental. In most cases, these objects have received scant attention in comparison to work in other media, particularly in the United States.
Information from venue
- Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Fridays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Wednesdays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sundays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
See more events classified as:
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre