Rising Up: Hale Woodruff’s Murals at Talladega College
to 5 PM
3536 Grand Ave. , Dallas, TX
$2 - $5
Start date: Saturday, October 6, 2012
End Date: Thursday, February 28, 2013
“Rising Up: Hale Woodruff’s Murals at Talladega College” features the murals of Hale Aspacio Woodruff, whose works have been on display since 1938 at the college's Savery Library in Talladega, Alabama. Woodruff was commissioned in 1938 to do the murals to commemorate the 1867 founding of the college and celebrate its success as one of the nation’s first all-black colleges. The High Museum of Art in Atlanta collaborated with the college to restore, research and exhibit the renowned murals.
$5 per adult and $2 per child under 12.
Information submitted by a PegNews.com user
Sorry, this event ended on Feb. 28, 2013.
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Mysterious restaurant called Remedy to open on Greenville Avenue
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling