Beyond the Lens: The Photography of Resistance and Liberation
to 5 PM
211 N. Record St. , Suite 100 , Dallas, TX
$6 - $8
Start date: Saturday, September 1, 2012
End Date: Sunday, November 25, 2012
The Dallas Holocaust Museum will host a new special exhibit of rarely seen photography from World War II, Beyond the Lens: The Photography of Resistance and Liberation. The exhibit, which will run Sept. 1 to Nov. 25, features the photography of Faye Schulman, the only known Jewish Partisan photographer.
The exhibit, on loan from the Jewish Partisan Educational Foundation, features a collection of images that captures the camaraderie, horror and loss, bravery and triumph of tough Partisans—many of who were Jewish—who fought the Germans and their collaborators.
The exhibit also features photographs and camera equipment used by the late WWII Army Sgt. Richard Cramer of Wylie, Texas, who documented the liberation of the Buchenwald concentration camp.
Information submitted by a Pegnews.com user
Sorry, this event ended on Nov. 25, 2012.
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas