A Natural State of Affair
to 5 PM
3601 Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard , Dallas, TX
$2 - $8
Start date: Saturday, September 22, 2012
End Date: Monday, December 31, 2012
In a city more well known for skyscrapers and shopping, Anna Palmer sees the abundant nature found around Dallas and captures moments, large and small, with her photographs. She focuses on a vibrant green fly on an orange in a compost pile, water droplets on a window, and zooms in on birds like the elegant Great Blue Heron.
To round out her exhibition at Texas Discovery Gardens this fall, Palmer has added photos of a different nature – images of her visits to the State Fair of Texas over the past 10 years. The yellow plastic ducks of a Midway game compliment their live feathered counterparts.
This is the first major photography exhibition in Texas Discovery Gardens’ gallery, and it is curated by Janet Reynolds.
From September 28 through October 21 (during the State Fair), admission is half-price ($4 adults, $3 seniors, $2 kids 3-11, free for kids under 3), and the gallery is open until 7 nightly.
Before and after the State Fair, admission is $8 adults, $6 seniors, $4 kids 3-11, free for kids under 3, and gallery closes at 5 p.m.
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on Dec. 31, 2012.
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Review: Queen musical We Will Rock You has just the right camp and swagger
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas