Diego Velazquez: The Early Court Portraits
to 5 PM
5900 Bishop Boulevard , University Park, TX
$4 - $10
Start date: Sunday, September 16, 2012
End Date: Sunday, January 13, 2013
Focusing on the master’s first decade at the Spanish court and demonstrating his enormous influence over the portraiture of the period, this exhibition will be the largest gathering of Velázquez paintings in one U.S. institution in more than 20 years and feature the Prado Museum’s portrait of Philip IV (c. 1624-27) as its centerpiece.
$10 for adults; $8 for seniors; $4 for non-SMU students; FREE for members, children under 12, SMU students, faculty and staff; FREE Thurs. after 5 p.m. The Meadows Museum is closed on Mondays and New Year's Day.
Photo of the Meadows Museum's exhibit Diego Velazquez: The Early Court Portraits by Ben Torres/Special Contributor
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on Jan. 13, 2013.
- UPDATED: Austin's Houndstooth Coffee heads to
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- UPDATED: Burger place Becks Prime opens third Dallas restaurant
- Recipe: Komali's ceviche de pescado takes the cooking out of ... cooking
- Q-and-A: The Grape's Danyele McPherson flips leftovers into staff's main course