Gongora/Picasso: Graphic Poetry
to 5 PM
5900 Bishop Blvd. , University Park, TX
$4 - $10
Start date: Sunday, September 16, 2012
End Date: Sunday, January 13, 2013
The Meadows Museum will treat visitors to a display of its copy of Picasso’s Vingt Poëmes (Twenty Poems), an artist’s book featuring 20 sonnets by famed Spanish poet Luis de Góngora y Argote. Jointly acquired by the museum and the Bridwell Library in 1975, this edition is one of 15 deluxe copies comprised of the book itself and a proof set of all the plates printed on vélin du Marais paper. Nineteen full-page etched female heads complement the sonnets; with the remaining full-page image, Picasso pays homage to both Góngora and Velázquez by recreating the latter’s famous 1622 portrait of Góngora, concurrently on display in the Meadows exhibition Diego Velázquez: The Early Court Portraits.
$10 for adults; $8 for seniors; $4 for non-SMU students; FREE for members, children under 12, SMU students, faculty and staff; FREE Thurs. after 5 p.m.
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on Jan. 13, 2013.
- New growler shop in East Dallas begins filling Lone Star suds today
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Komali and Salum in Uptown have a new executive chef
- Photos: Beer sales have made SMU's Moody Coliseum way, way more fun
- Seafood restaurant Palapas opens on Greenville Ave with two big patios