Dara Mark: Chi Gong
Start date: Saturday, October 13, 2012
End Date: Saturday, November 24, 2012
Smink is proud to announce the exhibition “Dara Mark: Chi Gong,” with an opening reception 5-8 p.m., Sat., Oct. 13, 2012. Santa Fe artist Mark continues to explore the properties of water in her ethereal watercolors inspired by her meditative Chi Gong practice.
Mark has discovered a technique that comments on nature by allowing it to manifest as a chance technique, much like the automatic techniques of the surrealists--as a way to tap into the subconscious. Borrowing Judd’s intervals and spaces to combat compositional hierarchy, Mark creates a frame within which to act.
Mark received a BA from Yale University and an MFA from the University of California at Santa Barbara. Most recently she participated in group exhibitions at ART Santa Fe with the Lady Minimalist Tea Society, Zane Bennett Contemporary Art, and the Center for Contemporary Arts in Santa Fe among numerous other one-person and group exhibitions. This is her fourth solo exhibition at SMINK.
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on Nov. 24, 2012.
See more events classified as:
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day