Jennie Ottinger: Doubles Trouble
to 5 PM
1626-C Hi Line Drive , Dallas, TX
Start date: Saturday, October 13, 2012
End Date: Saturday, November 24, 2012
Jennie Ottinger’s second exhibition at Conduit Gallery features a three minute stop-motion animation that tells the story of a Wheelchair Wimbledon Doubles Tennis team that goes to dramatic lengths to ensure their team a first place trophy. Ottinger’s is not a tale of sportsmanship or good guys finish first, rather, it delights in the macabre and forces the viewer to confront horror with humor.
In addition to the animation, Ottinger will exhibit a series of paintings relating to the story and the world of tennis. During the opening reception, visitors to the exhibition will be able to participate in an abbreviated tennis tournament where Ottinger will officiate as line judge.
Jennie Ottinger earned a B.A. in Art History from the University of the Pacific, and an M.F.A. from Mills College in May of 2008. Exhibitions since 2009 include: Eleven Gallery, London (2011); the Volta Art Fair, New York, with Johansson Projects (2010 & 2011); Kantor Gallery, Los Angeles, CA (2010); Adam Baumgold Gallery, New York, NY (2011) and the NADA Art Fair, Miami, FL, with Johansson Projects (2009.)
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on Nov. 24, 2012.
See more events classified as:
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas
- Sarah Jaffe added to stacked Homegrown Fest lineup
- New restaurant Town Hearth expected to open in Design District in 2015