Jules Buck Jones: The Hundred-Handed Ones
to 5 PM
1626-C Hi Line Drive , Dallas, TX
Start date: Saturday, October 13, 2012
End Date: Saturday, November 24, 2012
Taken from early Greek mythology, The Hundred-Handed Ones refers to the primeval monsters that were summoned to fight against the Titans. The series of mixed media drawings imagine dense and psychedelic forests very alive and awake. The drawings conjure a primordial land unencumbered by human intervention….a land of flora growing wildly and fauna, as yet unnamed, lurking or stealing through the dense myopic jungles. The works are much more abstract than previous work, with attention to the detail of the mark-making and the layering of translucent and opaque paints.
Jules Buck Jones earned a B.F.A from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA in 2005 and an M.F.A. in Painting at the University of Texas at Austin, Austin,TX in 2009. He lives and works in Austin,Texas and is a founding member of the artist collaborative Boozefox. Exhibitions since 2009 include: The Blanton Museum of Art, Austin,TX (2012); the Austin Museum of Art, Austin, TX (2012); Champion Gallery, Austin,TX (2011); The Front, New Orleans, LA (2010) and Glave Kocen Gallery, Richmond, VA (2009.)
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on Nov. 24, 2012.
See more events classified as:
- Theater review: Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer at the Majestic is just plain phenomenal
- Theater review: Controversial and raunchy, The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told tries to find God
- Sir Elton John rockets to Dallas in March 2014
- Good timing: Ice skating rink opens Friday at Klyde Warren Park
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas