A Tree in a Field - A Texas and Israel Connection
to 5 PM
1727 E. Levee St. , Dallas, TX
Start date: Saturday, November 3, 2012
End Date: Friday, December 21, 2012
LuminArte Gallery in the Dallas Design District inaugurates it’s sister gallery program with a collaboration between Texan and Israeli artists in “A Tree in a Field,” scheduled from November 3- December 21, 2012. Inspired by the works of the Hebrew poet, Nathan Zach, the collaborative exchange focuses on the connection between man and nature, and on the life force that permeates our reality in the form of energy, sound and light. The project intention is to convey a compassionate desire to promote a positive link between humanity and nature, and to inspire a cross cultural dialogue of artistic expression.
Three artists from Israel, including Eitan Vitkon, Etty Horowitz and Michael Lazar, will travel to Dallas to meet with three local artists, Liz London, Leanne Venier, and Matt Anzak, to display artworks in the media of painting, sculpture, photography, collage and conceptual art. The reception for “A Tree in a Field” will be held on November 3 from 7-10PM, at LuminArte Gallery with both Israeli and Texan artists in attendance, and will include a performance piece by Doron Polak.
Information submitted by a Pegnews.com user
Sorry, this event ended on Dec. 21, 2012.
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling
- Concert review: Crowds go crazy for diamond-in-the-flesh Lorde in Dallas
- Sarah Jaffe added to stacked Homegrown Fest lineup
- Review: Kessler Cookie Company will keep you coming back for more