Philip Van Keuren: Printed Matter, 1988-2012
to 11:59 PM
6100 Hillcrest Avenue , University Park, TX
Start date: Monday, October 29, 2012
End Date: Sunday, December 16, 2012
This exhibition brings together for the first time a selection of the exhibition graphic design projects of Philip Van Keuren. The examples shown include yearly exhibition calendars, cards and publications dating from his first independent graphic design project for the Dallas Museum of Art in 1988. The vast bulk of the work comes from Van Keuren’s directorship of the Pollock Gallery at SMU from 1991 to 2012. Now a professor of art at the Meadows School and director emeritus of the Pollock Gallery, Van Keuren designed these projects without any formal training in graphic design. With careful proportions and simple straightforward layout, Van Keuren’s graphic design accomplishments provide an insightful corollary to his work as a poet, visual artist and gallery curator/director for 22 years. The exhibition is guest curated by Ben Bascombe, deputy director of the Pollock Gallery.
Sorry, this event ended on Dec. 16, 2012.
- Photos: Ever seen a bedroom closet with a coffee bar and refrigerator?
- UPDATED: Burger place Becks Prime opens third Dallas restaurant
- Recipe: Komali's ceviche de pescado takes the cooking out of ... cooking
- Q-and-A: The Grape's Danyele McPherson flips leftovers into staff's main course
- Renovated Stanley Marcus estate used to have orange Formica counters