American Childhood: Celebrating Classic Toys
to 5 PM
100 South Houston Street , Dallas, TX
$2 - $4
Start date: Friday, September 28, 2012
End Date: Sunday, January 13, 2013
Young and old alike will enjoy this engaging exhibit of playthings past, where we showcase the golden age of mass-produced toys. Staff-driven and professionally executed, Old Red has filled its’ first floor Temporary Gallery with over 100 of America’s favorite toys dating from the 1880s to the 1980s!
Iconic favorites like Lincoln Logs, Barbie and Fisher-Price are highlighted, along with model trains, vintage dollhouse furniture, and classic board games. Several examples offer interesting comparisons with contemporary versions. Even a recreated Woolworth’s display window offers a nostalgic trip to the five-and-dime
Admission to this special temporary exhibit is $4.00 for Adults/Seniors and $2.00 for Children. If visitors come to experience Dallas history in our four permanent galleries, admission to this event is included in the regular ticket prices: Adults $8.00; Seniors $6.00; Children 3-16 $5.00.
Sorry, this event ended on Jan. 13, 2013.
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas
- Omni Hotel in Dallas becomes drive-in movie theater for one night
- Not-so-polite play Profanity premieres September 10 at Undermain Theatre
- Photos: Oh yes, Dallas has its own Naked Cowboy
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at video game development at Gearbox Community Day