American Childhood: Celebrating Classic Toys
to 5 PM
100 S. Houston St. , Dallas, TX
$2 - $4
Start date: Friday, September 28, 2012
End Date: Sunday, January 13, 2013
Young and old alike will enjoy this engaging exhibit of playthings past, where we showcase the golden age of mass-produced toys. Staff-driven and professionally executed, Old Red has filled its’ first floor Temporary Gallery with over 100 of America’s favorite toys dating from the 1880s to the 1980s!
Iconic favorites like Lincoln Logs, Barbie and Fisher-Price are highlighted, along with model trains, vintage dollhouse furniture, and classic board games. Several examples offer interesting comparisons with contemporary versions. Even a recreated Woolworth’s display window offers a nostalgic trip to the five-and-dime
Admission to this special temporary exhibit is $4.00 for Adults/Seniors and $2.00 for Children. If visitors come to experience Dallas history in our four permanent galleries, admission to this event is included in the regular ticket prices: Adults $8.00; Seniors $6.00; Children 3-16 $5.00.
Sorry, this event ended on Jan. 13, 2013.
- Remember the Bud Light Hotel in Dallas at Super Bowl? It's back for Final Four
- Neil Young returns to the Meyerson in April
- Theater review: We Will Rock You will blow your mind, and your speakers
- OMG: Adam Lambert and Queen will rock Dallas, together, in July
- Theater review: The [Expletive] with the Hat is masterful and funny, wise and appalling