Six Score + 5 = Mesquite125 - Twelve and One Half Decades of Mesquite History
to 5 PM
1527 North Galloway Avenue , Mesquite, TX
Start date: Tuesday, November 6, 2012
End Date: Monday, December 31, 2012
The Mesquite Arts Council will exhibit items from the collection of Historic Mesquite Inc. that date from 1880 to the present. On exhibit in the Main Gallery at the Mesquite Arts Center from November 6 through December 31 will be a revealing showcase of Mesquite history. Each decade of Mesquite will be depicted with items such as a wedding dress from 1880, a silk crazy quilt from the 1900’s, and woodworking planes from the 1910’s. Much of the exhibit will feature items from the two house museums, Florence Ranch Homestead and Lawrence Historical Park. These museums are managed and maintained by Historic Mesquite Inc. Celebratory events throughout 2012 have taken place all over Mesquite recognizing the quasquicentennial and the Arts Council is pleased to join with Historic Mesquite on this one-of-a-kind exhibit.
Open Monday through Friday 8am until 5pm and during performances.
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on Dec. 31, 2012.
- Theater review: Three sisters come to terms with betrayals in hysterical Crimes of the Heart
- Mesquite welcomes Pat Green and Kevin Fowler for 7th Annual Real Texas Festival
- Mesquite Arts Center shakes things up with new play, painting exhibition
- UPDATED: Three identified in ongoing investigation of Mesquite deaths
- Mesquite Arts Center abuzz with sculpture exhibition, community theater