Kathy Lovas: The Dining Room Chair
to 12 PM
109 North Elm Street , Denton, TX
Start date: Monday, November 12, 2012
End Date: Monday, November 26, 2012
“The Dining Room Chair" series is about a chair that has been in my family for several generations. Like the photograph in which it appears, it is a saved artifact and index to the past. I have disassembled, reassembled, traced, embroidered, and juxtaposed it with a variety of materials and texts. My art is concept-driven; my projects reference personal narratives as well as the ontology of photography. I am particularly fascinated with the ideas of indexicality and the archive. I am constantly searching for the site of intersection between matter and memory. Using a variety of materials and media, I create visual archives whose elements both help me to remember and allow me to forget.
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on Nov. 26, 2012.
- 35 Denton's pop-up venue The Hive will soon be a permanent live music spot
- Restaurant review: Michael's Kitchen makes mediocre meals unlikely to impress or offend
- Chef Tim Love brings fine dining to the Denton Square with Queenie's Steakhouse
- Denton's Bavarian beer house, Gerhard's, gets stamp of approval from German natives
- Restaurant review: J&J's Pizza stands the test of time in Denton