Gary Faye: Twilight
to 5 PM
1019 Dragon Street , Dallas, TX
Start date: Saturday, December 1, 2012
End Date: Saturday, January 5, 2013
Smink Fine Art is proud to announce the exhibition Twilight by the renowned photographer Gary Faye with an opening reception 5-8 p.m., Sat., Dec. 1, 2012. Faye’s body of work is a testament to a life behind the lens, a love of landscape, art, and beauty. Whether presenting a stunning vista, a peek at suburban recreation, or a quiet still life, Faye reminds us of photography’s potential to transport and to transform.
In Twilight, Faye’s photography brings to life the transitional state between day and night, between being there and seeing through another’s eyes. He brings together brooding and dramatic images, evoking beauty and the sublime, with peaceful, tranquil images of the everyday–a single tree, a bird, a chair.
Information from venue
Sorry, this event ended on Jan. 5, 2013.
- Theater review: Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer at the Majestic is just plain phenomenal
- Theater review: Controversial and raunchy, The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told tries to find God
- Sir Elton John rockets to Dallas in March 2014
- Good timing: Ice skating rink opens Friday at Klyde Warren Park
- Joule Hotel expansion brings cocktails, fashion, food to downtown Dallas